Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Celebrating 100 Posts

Today marks a grand occasion for us here at Bloody Good Music. This post is the one hundredth entry here, and I wanted to take a moment and say thank you to everyone who has been a part of getting this site off the ground.

So my thanks go out to my colleague D:M, who is responsible for getting me into this journalistic field to begin with. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have written the hundreds of thousands of words about music that I have in the last four years. Ok, I would have written many of them, but they wouldn't have had any gravitas behind them.

My thanks go out to our partners at the labels and PR firms we work with. This job wouldn't be nearly as rewarding without your help, and we never take for granted the trust you have placed in us to help bring attention to the music you represent. No matter how long we've been at it, we appreciate the respect you have shown us. To know that we have contributed, in our small way, is more rewarding than you can know.

My thanks go to the bands we have covered, both those we have talked to directly, and those we hear through our partners. It goes without saying that without you, there would be no music, and there would be nothing for us to talk about. In the years that I have been writing semi-professionally, it has amazed me at how much great music I have come across. Every year, the pile seems to get deeper and deeper, and this year is no exception. As a fan of music, I have been extremely fortunate to be given the opportunity to hear so much quality music.

And my thanks go out to everyone who has read our work here. Leaving our former home and starting our own venture was not something we had planned, and the process of getting this up and running was not without its headaches, but sometimes things work out for the best. Here at Bloody Good Music, we have the freedom to take risks, to cover things that we otherwise might not have, and to connect with both you and the music in new ways.

This site is by no means a finished product, but it's a good start to what we hope will be a place music is always discussed in an intelligent manner. We take pride in being a place of reason in an often unreasonable music scene. We hope you continue to take this journey with us.

And with that out of the way, let's get back to the music.

No comments:

Post a Comment