Saturday, April 2, 2016

Coming This Summer: Tonic Week


To celebrate the upcoming twentieth anniversary of their seminal album, "Lemon Parade", alternative rockers Tonic have entered the studio to record a special acoustic version of the record (which you can pre-order here). To be released at a yet to be announced date, the new version of the record will pay tribute to the legacy that songs like "If You Could Only See" and "Open Up Your Eyes" created, when they dominated rock radio in the 90s.

With Tonic being my favorite band, and "Lemon Parade" currently residing as my favorite album of all time, I will be doing my part to celebrate the occasion with Tonic week. Coming this July, as the anniversary approaches, I will be dedicating a week of coverage here at Bloody Good Music to the band, their albums, and the impact they have made.

In addition to a retrospective of my relationship with "Lemon Parade", a list of my favorite Tonic songs, and reviews of their albums, I'm hoping to have the opportunity to detail the new acoustic version of the record as well. This is a momentous occasion for those of us who grew up with the music, and I will not be letting it go without giving it the proper respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment