Friday, May 6, 2016

My Favorite Songs Of 2016: So Far

As the initial run of big releases that starts every year has ended, and the summer season is just beginning to ramp up the promotional machine, I thought it would be a good time to take a step back and reflect on what we've heard so far this year. We're a third of the way through the year, and there has been more music to hear than anyone could possibly get to, including me. While you will have to wait for the midpoint of the year to get a recap from me of my favorite albums, this is as good a time as any to remind you of some of my favorite songs, in case you've missed out on them. So without any further ado, here are a few of the songs I've been listening to the most (in alphabetical order):

Avantasia - The Haunting

Tobias Sammet invites Dee Snider to help him on this theatrical, dramatic song.


Dilana - Maybe Just A Little

Dilana shows that pop music can have a string of melancholy, and be beautiful for it.



Elton John - I've Got 2 Wings

Aggravating spelling aside, Elton John shows mature pop/rock can still be exciting.



Forever Still - Alone

These newcomers have the vocal and songwriting chops, which this song proves amply.



Myrath - Duat

The only thing better than the Eastern atmosphere is that massive hook.



Nordic Union - Hypocrisy

Rock/metal doesn't get much more pop-friendly than this gem.



Zakk Wylde - Lay Me Down

Interchangeable with almost anything from the album, this song is a late night hymn of rock and roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment